Just a Little Bit
by Ann Tompert
Elephant and Mouse want to play on the seesaw, but it won’t move! One by one, their friends come to help them out. Read on to find out who makes the seesaw move!
Resources for Just a Little Bit:
Full Book Review (English)
Full Book Review (Spanish)
Brief Book Review (English)
Brief Book Review (Spanish)
Mouse and Elephant want to play on the seesaw, but they’re going to need a little help from their friends.
Activities to Do Together:
• Build simple scales—(directions follow).
• Weigh a variety of objects.
• Compare the weights of different objects.
• Predict how many pebbles weigh as much as a toy car.
• Visit the park—explore sitting at different points on a seesaw.
• Explore balancing light and heavy objects on a seesaw.
1. Why do you think Elephant’s side of the seesaw goes down and Mouse’s goes up?
2. Which animals do you think would balance you on a seesaw?
3. How many animals does it take to lift Elephant off the ground?
Vocabulary for Building Math Concepts:
down, little bit, more, up